With 88 percent of TikTokers saying audio is “essential” to their overall experience on the app, knowing how to find trending sounds on TikTok poses massive potential for brands to grow on the platform.
TikTok sound statistics
- 73 percent of users would “stop and look” at TikTok ads that have audio
- 50 percent say TikTok content is more “uplifting, energizing, and engaging” with music
- Users are eight times more likely to remember a brand for the unique sounds and songs it uses in its TikTok videos than other elements such as visual style, color, slogan, and logo
That said, countless songs and original audios are being used every single day. Coupled with the ever-evolving trends, how can you know what’s trending to leverage them in your TikTok marketing strategy?
Thankfully, some resources help you identify what’s hot. Here are eight effective and easy ways to find trending sounds on TikTok for your videos.
Table of Contents
- 1. Scroll the For You page
- 2. Use TikTok’s search bar
- 3. Browse TikTok’s sound library
- 4. Use TikTok’s Creative Center
- 5. Leverage TikTok sound finder Tokboard
- 6. Check out Spotify’s playlists
- 7. Hop over to YouTube
- 8. Pay attention to the Billboard Hot 100 chart
- Tip 1: Look at how they’re being used
- Tip 2: Save them as favorites
- Tip 3: Consider your target audience
- Tip 4: Search for unique trending sounds
- How to find trending sounds on TikTok: Summary
How to find trending sounds on TikTok
1. Scroll the For You page
When thinking about how to find trending sounds on TikTok, one of the first things that come to mind is doing so through the app itself—in particular, via the popular For You page.
Whether you’re new to TikTok or a frequent user, there’s no doubt you spend the bulk of your TikTok time on the For You page, as it’s one of the app’s core features. When browsing through there, look at what sort of videos others are posting and the sounds they’re using.
One of the best parts of finding trending sounds on TikTok through the For You page is that it requires almost no additional effort or time, as you can easily do it during your use of TikTok. Chances are, you may not even need to pay special attention to what you hear, as any trending sounds or songs will definitely be repeated over and over again as you scroll. After a few minutes, you’ll start to recognize what’s trending.
It’s worth noting here that the content on the For You page differs from user to user. This is because it caters to users’ personal interests and the TikTok communities they belong to. If you want to create brand content that appeals to your target audience, find out what sort of content they see on their For You page by doing market analysis.
2. Use TikTok’s search bar
TikTok makes it very easy for users to find trending sounds on its app. Here’s how:
1. Open the TikTok app
2. Go to the search function at the top of the screen
3. Search for “viral sounds” (or any other similar keyword)
4. Once results are loaded, hop on over to the “sounds” tab. You’ll see a list of trending sounds on TikTok and the number of times they’ve been used in TikTok videos.
5. Alternatively, you can also go to the “hashtags” tab to see what popular hashtags related to sounds are being used. Videos with #viralsound, for instance, have been viewed 1.8 billion times.
3. Browse TikTok’s sound library
Another way to find trending sounds on TikTok is using the app’s very own sound library.
Here’s how to access it:
- Open the TikTok app
- Click on the + sign at the bottom of the screen as you would when posting a new video
- Tap on the “add sound” option at the top of the screen
- Scroll down to “playlist” and browse through any playlist that could feature trending songs like “TikTok Viral,” “Featured,” and so on. Note that the playlists that show up in this section may differ from user to user. Since you’re looking for trending sounds, any playlist that suggests it could include popular sounds is worth a look.
4. Use TikTok’s Creative Center
Where better to find trending songs on TikTok than from TikTok themselves?
TikTok’s Creative Center allows users to view the most popular songs on the app and even filter them by region. The latter comes in particularly handy when your target market is located in an area different from yours.
Clicking on any song on the list will also show you a graph charting its general performance over the past week.
Note that you have to log in to the Creative Center to gain full access to the data. Getting an account is free with a TikTok Business Account, which is also free.
5. Leverage TikTok sound finder Tokboard
Beyond TikTok, there are plenty of external resources you can leverage to find trending songs.
Tokboard, formerly known as Tiktometer, is one such place. It’s a platform run on a data-collection engine that monitors data directly from TikTok itself. According to its latest numbers, it has data on over 80 million popular TikTok videos.
What’s great about Tokboard is that on top of having a list of trending TikTok songs, it even shows you pretty detailed data—and a chart—about a particular song or remix. This includes:
- The number of times the song has been played
- The number of popular videos featuring this song
- The popular hashtags related to this song
- The top countries using this song
There’s even a link that takes you straight to the videos on TikTok.
6. Check out Spotify’s playlists
Another great place to find trending songson TikTok is none other than the leading music streaming provider, Spotify.
Simply key in “TikTok” in the search bar and select “playlists.” There, you’ll find playlist after playlist of the top trending sounds on TikTok curated by users.
But if there’s only one user you should be paying attention to, let that be TikTok’s very own Spotify account. They currently have 10 public playlists with the latest TikTok hits, sorted by region.
7. Hop over to YouTube
Popular video-sharing platform YouTube is also a wonderful resource for trending songs on TikTok.
In the search bar, enter keywords such as “trending tiktok sounds” or “trending tiktok songs” and you’ll have a plethora of options. In fact, simply typing in “trending tiktok” prompts YouTube’s autocomplete predictions, and you’ll get a list of search suggestions.
YUMMY is one account you want to follow to stay up-to-date with trending sounds on TikTok as it publishes a new video with the latest TikTok hits every single day.
Redlist also has a playlist of trending TikTok songs for 2022 that they update pretty frequently.
What’s more, Redlist also compiles music videos of the most popular TikTok songs every few months and even lists the names of these songs for easy identification.
8. Pay attention to the Billboard Hot 100 chart
Last but certainly not least, the Billboard Hot 100 chart is a resource you want to check out when looking for trending sounds on TikTok.
More than 175 trending songs on TikTok in 2021 were featured on that list. This is twice as many as the previous year—an indication that perhaps more trending sounds on TikTok this year will also be featured on their charts.
Tips on finding trending sounds on TikTok
Look at how they’re being used
When you’ve chosen a trending sound for your TikTok content, look at how it’s being used, especially in the videos that are going viral. This gives you a better idea of how to participate in the TikTok trend.
Also, consider reading through the comments section of these videos for feedback from other users to understand what you can improve on or avoid doing.
If you want to go the extra mile, don’t simply imitate what others are doing. This is your chance to be creative and put your own spin on it. A little out-of-the-box thinking can be the key to getting your videos to go viral on TikTok!
Save them as favorites
Once you come across a trending TikTok sound or song you want to use, don’t forget to save them as favorites. This saves you the effort of having to locate them again when you’re ready to use them in your TikTok posts.
Plus, TikTok trends tend to last around five to seven days. Depending on how often and when you post on TikTok, this can give you plenty of opportunities to use the current sounds that are trending.
But how long a TikTok sound can trend for is anyone’s guess. Some can potentially go on for months on end or even resurface in the future. To that end, saving them as favorites allows you to come back to them easily at a later date. It’s much like having your own personalized library of trending TikTok sounds at your fingertips!
Consider your target audience
Aside from looking for songs and sounds that are trending across TikTok, pay close attention to those that are specific and relevant to your target audience.
Even though some of these sounds may not be as hot, there’s a chance they’ll resonate just as well—if not better—with your target audience.
Search for unique trending sounds
Remember, TikTok isn’t just about music. Users can also create unique sounds that are fun to make videos with. So catchy and trendy songs aside, knowing how to find trending sounds on TikTok is also important.
To do that, your best bet would be to browse on the TikTok app itself (i.e. via the For You page and TikTok’s search bar).
Here’s a summary of the eight ways to find trending sounds and songs on TikTok:
- Scroll through your For You page for inspiration
- Search for what’s trending on the TikTok app’s search bar
- Browse around TikTok’s sound and music library
- Use TikTok’s Creative Center to see what songs are trending and their performance data
- Leverage Tokboard’s data, which monitors and tracks data from TikTok
- Check out the playlists of popular TikTok songs on Spotify
- Hop on over to YouTube for the latest lists of hot TikTok songs
- Pay attention to the Billboard Hot 100 chart
We hope you’ve found these eight ways to find trending sounds on TikTok useful. Given the popularity of audio on TikTok, including the hottest hits in your TikTok content can really help to increase your reach and, ultimately, sell on TikTok.
Learn more:Free video editing software
Want to sell on TikTok?
Trending sounds on TikTok FAQ
How do you find top trending sounds on TikTok?
- Open the TikTok app.
- Go to the search function at the top of the screen.
- Search for “viral sounds” (or any other similar keyword).
- Once results are loaded, hop on over to the “sounds” tab. You’ll see a list of trending sounds on TikTok and the number of times they’ve been used in TikTok videos.
- Alternatively, you can also go to the “hashtags” tab to see what popular hashtags related to sounds are being used. Videos with #viralsound, for instance, have been viewed 1.8 billion times.
How do you see what TikTok sounds are trending?
- Scroll the For You page
- Use TikTok’s search bar
- Search for “viral sounds” (or any other similar keyword)
- Browse TikTok’s sound library
- Use TikTok’s Creative Center
- Leverage TikTok sound finder Tokboard
- Check out Spotify’s playlists
- Hop over to YouTube
- Use TikTok’s Creative Center
- Pay attention to the Billboard Hot 100 chart
Why are sounds not available for commercial use on TikTok?
Business accounts on TikTok are not able to use popular songs unless they have the required license for use, due to the risk of running into copyright issues. Music that’s available for commercial use can be found in the Commercial Music Library. Personal accounts may still use popular songs.
How do you find what songs are trending on TikTok? ›
Once the app is open, click the search button (which looks like a magnifying glass) at the top right part of the screen. In the search bar, type in “viral sounds,” “trending sounds,” or something similar and from there, recent trending sounds will be listed.How can I find out what song is in a TikTok sound? ›
Discovering TikTok Songs with Shazam or Soundhound
Simply download and open the app and touch and hold the Shazam button to activate Auto-Shazam. Now go into TikTok and begin watching the video. The song-recognition software will take care of the rest. Open Shazam and navigate to 'My Music' to find the results.
- Trending Sounds. Lofi Chill Hip Hop Beat. 40:00. ...
- Collide (sped up) Justine Skye. 10:00. ...
- What If (I Told You I Like You) Johnny Orlando & Mackenzie Ziegler. 20:00. ...
- Savage. Megan Thee Stallion. 40:00. ...
- Let Me Down Slowly. Alec Benjamin. 10:00. ...
- love nwantinti (ah ah ah) CKay. ...
- BILLIE EILISH. Armani White. ...
- Calm Down. Rema & Selena Gomez.
Look for an arrow next to a song.
Instagram denotes trending audio with an arrow on the song's info page. This arrow appears next to the number of Reels and photos that have used the sound. You can use the Explore tab (represented by a magnifying glass icon) to search the title of a song or artist.
If you don't have a Discover page to find these trending hashtags, there is a solution: Fanbytes' weekly TikTok trends newsletter. Informed by our social listening tool, Bytesights, the TikTok trends newsletter is entirely free, and provides up-to-date information about the best trends that brands can use on TikTok.How can I find a song from a video? ›
- Use a song recognition app such as Shazam or SoundHound.
- Google the lyrics of the song.
- Use a digital assistant like Siri or Alexa.
- Search the video description or read the comments of the video.
Shazam is a popular song-identifier app that works on most smartphones and even has an extension for web browsers. It can identify a song in seconds. All you have to do is hold your device near the device that is playing the song.How to find a TikTok song without lyrics? ›
- Use Shazam. ...
- Check the Bottom of the Screen. ...
- Try Soundhound. ...
- Use Musixmatch. ...
- Check Trending Sounds. ...
- Check Hashtags. ...
- Use the iOS Music Recognition Tool. ...
- Start Searching Your Favorite Songs.
To identify songs, open Control Center, then tap the Shazam button . Shazam can identify songs playing on your device even when you're using headphones. To find songs you've identified, touch and hold the Shazam button in Control Center to open your History View. Tap a song to open it in Shazam.What are the top 10 trending songs right now? ›
- CUFF ITBeyoncé
- Unholy (feat. Kim Petras)Sam Smith, Kim Petras.
- Anti-HeroTaylor Swift.
- golden hourJVKE.
- Tormenta (feat. Bad Bunny)Gorillaz, Bad Bunny.
- Just Wanna RockLil Uzi Vert.
- Shakira: Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol. 53Bizarrap, Shakira.
- Red Ruby Da SleezeNicki Minaj.
What is the most used sound in TikTok? ›
- Oh No. by Kreepa. ...
- Monkeys Spinning Monkeys. by Kevin MacLeod. ...
- No Idea. by Don Toliver. ...
- Steven Universe. by L.Dre. ...
- Spongebob Tomfoolery – Dante9k Remix. by Dante9k. ...
- The Insider. by Champion. ...
- TWINNEM. by Coi Leray. ...
- Own Brand Freestyle.
- Calm Down (with Selena Gomez)Rema, Selena Gomez.
- BonesImagine Dragons.
- Maan Meri JaanKing.
- Apna Bana LeSachin-Jigar, Arijit Singh, Amitabh Bhattacharya.
- Kahani Suno 2.0Kaifi Khalil.
- Naatu Naatu (From "Rrr")Rahul Sipligunj, Kala Bhairava, M. M. Keeravani.
- Unholy (feat. ...
- PlayersCoi Leray.
- Tap on “Sound” you liked on the video.
- Once you reach the sound page, tap the “Share icon.”
- Tap “Copy link”
- Download any TikTok sound download from the Playstore or app store.
- Open the app and paste the URL of the TikTok sound.
- Download your favorite sound.
Shazam: A mobile app and Chrome extension where you can run an audio search by audio instead of text. Feed the app a sound and have it determine the title and more information like the artist and possibly lyrics, great for when you need to identify an unknown song.How do I search specific content on TikTok? ›
- Tap the search icon in the top right of your screen.
- Enter what you're looking for in the search bar and tap Search. Be as specific as possible. ...
- The most relevant results will show in the Top tab.
- Explore the other search tabs—Users, Videos, Sounds, LIVE, and Hashtags—for related content.
- Tap your Profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Select the three-line icon at the top-right corner.
- Tap on Settings and privacy > Watch history.
Shazam will identify any song in seconds. Discover artists, lyrics, videos & playlists, all for free. Over 1 billion installs and counting!How can I find a song by sound online? ›
On shazam.com, you can identify music playing around you using your favorite web browser.What song is this SoundHound? ›
Hey, what song is that? SoundHound makes it simple to identify music playing around you. Whether you're in the car or out and about — open the app, hit the big orange SoundHound button, let your phone listen for a few seconds, and we'll tell you exactly what's playing!How do I find a song if I only know two words? ›
- Google Search. The tried-and-true first step to finding a song is by searching Google for it, as the service can help you find a song with partial lyrics. ...
- Google App. ...
- r/NameThatSong. ...
- SoundHound. ...
- IMDb. ...
What is the #1 song of all time? ›
"Blinding Lights" by the Weeknd (pictured) is the most-streamed song of all time on Spotify, with over 3.4 billion streams as of March 2023.What is the most popular song ever? ›
According to Guinness World Records, Irving Berlin's "White Christmas" (1942) as performed by Bing Crosby is the best-selling single worldwide, with estimated sales of over 50 million copies.Where do Tiktokers get their sounds? ›
These sounds can either be from the TikTok Sound Library or an Original Audio from the creator of the video. When scrolling through the For You page, you might notice that a particular sound is used by several creators. This is because the sound has gone viral.What songs are trending on TikTok right now 2023? ›
- Forever Young. Forever Young. ...
- I Love You Always Forever. I Love You Always Forever. ...
- It's Called: Freefall. It's Called: Freefall. ...
- Boy's a liar Pt. Boy's a liar Pt. ...
- Watch This (ARIZONATEARS Pluggnb Remix) ...
- Congratulations (feat. ...
- DM Pretty (feat. ...
- Flowers. Miley Cyrus. Miley Cyrus. ...
- Boy's a liar Pt. PinkPantheress, Ice Spice. PinkPantheress, Ice Spice. ...
- Kill Bill. SZA. SZA. ...
- Die For You (Remix) The Weeknd, Ariana Grande. The Weeknd, Ariana Grande. ...
- Calm Down. Rema, Selena Gomez. ...
- Sure Thing. Miguel. ...
- ceilings. Lizzy McAlpine. ...
- As It Was. Harry Styles.
- Die For YouThe Weeknd.
- Lavender HazeTaylor Swift.
- Love AgainThe Kid Laroi.
- Creepin'Metro Boomin.
- Nobody Gets MeSZA.
- Just Wanna RockLIL UZI VERT.
- Boy's a liar Pt. 2PinkPantheress.
"Rolling in the Deep" by Adele holds the record for the most digitally downloaded song in a calendar year.How do I find the best new songs? ›
- Scour “best of” lists.
- Follow music review sites.
- The rest of the internet.
- Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon Music.
- The world.
Take a look at our Top 5 picks for Hi-Res Audio downloading websites to below.
- Acoustic Sounds Super HiRez. About: ...
- HDtracks. About: ...
- ProStudio Masters. About: ...
- iTrax. About: ...
- Native DSD Music and Beyond.
Do I have to use trending sounds on TikTok? ›
Like it or not, TikTok sounds are integral to how the platform works. If you remove it, virtually all the content will lose its meaning. If you're not using this feature to its full potential yet, here's everything you need to know about it and how to use it to grow your brand.How do I find viral TikTok videos? ›
- On Instagram: Visit the Explore Page.
- On TikTok: Visit the Trending Page.
- Watch Videos by Other Creators.
- Search for Trending Hashtags.
- Find Trends Online.
Well, Instagram makes it easy for you. If a song or audio is trending, Instagram puts an arrow symbol right next to its title at the bottom left corner of the screen. Look out for this arrow while browsing Reels.How do I see trends on TikTok? ›
- Scroll through your For You page for inspiration.
- Search for what's trending on the TikTok app's search bar.
- Browse around TikTok's sound and music library.
- Use TikTok's Creative Center to see what songs are trending and their performance data.
That was the same time TikTok began introducing the Friends tab at the bottom of the screen. Where you could once find trending sounds and hashtags is now a feed of posts by your Friends, aka followers that you follow back.How do I find trending products on TikTok? ›
Check out TikTok's Discover page
Another way to find out what specific sounds, effects, or hashtags are trending is to head to the Discover page. This page will also be somewhat curated based on the content you've interacted with on the FYP.
To search users, videos, sounds, LIVEs, and hashtags: 1. Tap the search icon in the top right of your screen.What is the most popular trend on TikTok? ›
- Branded hashtag challenges. ...
- A powerful personal brand. ...
- Oddly satisfying videos. ...
- Dance challenges. ...
- Lip sync videos. ...
- A-day-in-the-life videos.
And according to TikTok statistics, “entertainment” is the most popular content category on the platform worldwide. This particular hashtag has amassed 535 billion hashtag views. The next most popular categories include dance, pranks, fitness/sports, and home renovations/DIY.What year did TikTok start trending? ›
From there, TikTok snowballed into the most popular app in 2019 and 2020. It was downloaded 693 million times in 2019 and 850 million times in 2020.
What videos are trending on TikTok? ›
- One Right Now. Post Malone & The Weeknd. 40:00. ...
- Her Way (Sped Up) PARTYNEXTDOOR. 10:00. ...
- Trending. J Burce. 46:40. ...
- It's A Wrap - Sped Up. Mariah Carey. 03:20. ...
- Right Now. Elaine. 33:20. ...
- corny vids are being made w this sound. primalmen. 13:20. ...
- Something New (feat. Ty Dolla $ign) ...
- Players - DJ Smallz 732 - Jersey Club Remix. Coi Leray.
According to a study by Influencer Marketing Hub, the best time to post on TikTok overall is on Tuesday at 9 a.m., Thursday at 12 a.m., and Friday at 5 a.m.